Hello! This is my Magic Mixies OC, Aurora! I know a mixling oc is a bit niche, but the magic mixies toy line has inspired me a lot! I credit the designs in inspiring me to seriously attempt art again after not drawing for about 3 years. Maybe it was graduating high school and starting work and college, maybe it was the pandemic, probably it was both, but I really did not make any serious art pieces with effort until September of 2023, and that's because of mixies! I think I first saw them in an unboxing video on youtube. If you know me IRL, you know I very rarely go out of my way to purchase things unless they're absolutely necessary. But for some reason, after watching that video, I went out the next day and picked one up. My first one was Cupidee from the Crystal Woods lines, and I was immediately in love. Something about their designs just really spoke to me. I think it's the whimsical combination of animal features combined with their over-the-top colors and markings that I think seriously changed my brain chemistry in some way. Something about their designs are just so earnest compared to other toys on the shelves nowadays, and I really appreciate just how cute, sweet, and magical their designs are!
- Miz 🌠

