This is my 2nd test game in Godot to get more familiar with coding. I wanted to create something very simple, so I decided on making a mouse based grooming sim. You might be thinking, "Well that's not really a 'my first game' type of project, most people start with simple platformers or asteroids type games." I actually do have a fair bit of experience coding, and I made my /actual/ first game all the way back in high school. This is just something that is interesting and challenging enough for me to help me learn GDScript. It's something I've never done before, but I like the difficulty level of it- It'll be my first /finished/ game.
The game consists of a few minigames. The first minigame is feeding, which is a simple sort of "apple collecting" game (That's not what it's called, but it reminds me of those kid's games where you have to collect falling apples into a basket... lol)
Next is the washing phase- I haven't figured out a way to get the "particles" to spawn onto the cat itself yet, so for now they just spawn on that square. There is a dirty, soapy, wet, dry, and finished stage. I haven't finished the assets for the tools, but they will become a soap bar, a shower head, a blow-dryer, then a brush.
The final stage is the dress up game. All I have to do to finish this minigame is draw the assets for the accessories, and fix the hit boxes so the accessories land in the proper places.
I still need to implement a finished stage, where you can hit the finish button when all 3 stages are complete and maybe save a snapshot of your kitty! All of the assets are drawn by me, except for the default godot PNG lol, but that is just a placeholder. I also need to animate the cats and give them expressions based on their happiness level. (The cat changing color is just a visual indicator for me to show the cat is going to the next 'phase' of happiness.) There also needs to be a start button and a stage where you can select what color your kitty will be.
Thanks for reading!
- Miz