Making Interactable Dialogue and Puzzles in Godot

 


Added dynamic dialogue boxes and customizable puzzles to my test game. Just trying to learn Godot some more and get better at it, and Im to the point where I'm not even checking the docs every 5 seconds and I can think of something and just code it! I did do quite a bit of research to make these though.
For the dialogue boxes, I had to learn about json files. I studied the plug in and then tried to reverse engineer it using the json format my reference used. I couldn't get the plug in to work so I just used the json format. I liked the "choices" option, but the rest is all me babey.
The puzzle logic is taken from a youtube video but I had to figure out the implementation myself. yay


All of this item sorting is being done by the dialog player.



Puzzles:
https://youtu.be/TCPg5D-VNa0
Dialogue:
https://github.com/QueenChristina/gd_dialog
Temporary Game Assets used:
https://sscary.itch.io/the-adventurer-male
https://www.deviantart.com/skywolf-jm/art/First-Point-Perspective-Hallway-365855900